The mission of the Molecular Imaging and Contrast Agent Database (MICAD) program is to foster research and development in molecular imaging by providing free online scientific information regarding in vivomolecular imaging and contrast agents to individuals working in the field. This eAnnouncement provides news associated with MICAD and lists the agents that have been uploaded recently on MICAD.
I. MICAD News
- To better understand and use MICAD, a PowerPoint Presentation “MICAD Overview” is now available under the Background Section of the MICAD Homepage.
- Relevant Molecular Imaging Meetings in 2012 on the MICAD homepage.
- A total of 1331 chapters on imaging agents are now available in MICAD.Approximately 250 agents have been added to the Molecular Imaging Probes & Contrast Agents List. Now ~5050 imaging agents with in vivo studies are available in this list (updated, 05/04/2012). These agents have been published in peer-reviewed journals from 1970 to April, 2012 Download the list.
- FDA-Approved Contrast Agents List (updated, 11/7/2011). Download the list. A summary of all MICAD entries can be downloaded as a CSV file from the MICAD homepage. Download the list (updated weekly).
- Agent search function. Agents can be searched on the basis of the method of detection, sources of signal, agent category, target category, or text words.
- Two new papers have been published by the MICAD Team:Essential parameters to consider for the characterization of optical imaging probes
Leung, K., Chopra, A., Shan, L., Eckelman, W. C. and Menkens, A. E.
Nanomedicine (2012), 7: 1101-1107Characterization of nanoparticle-based contrast agents for molecular magnetic resonance imaging.
Shan, L., Chopra, A., Leung, K., Eckelman, W. C., and Menkens, A. E. Journal of Nanoparticle Research (2012), In Press (Now available online)
II. The MICAD Guest Author Program
Members of the imaging community are invited to contribute to the MICAD database by writing and submitting chapters on agents of their interest for online publication. For more information, please visit our website: www.micad.nih.gov.
List of 17 New Agents Uploaded on MICAD during October, 2012
Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
[18F]-5 - Target: Folate receptors
[64Cu]-DOTA-Rituximab - Target: Cell differentiation antigen 20 (CD20)
[11C/68Ga]ZHER2:342-ST - Target: Epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)
[68Ga]-NOTA-8-Aoc-BBN[7-14]NH2 - Target: Gastrin-releasing peptide receptor (GRPR)
Al[18F]-NOTA-8-Aoc-BBN[7-14]NH2 - Target: Gastrin-releasing peptide receptor (GRPR)
[18F]F15599 - Target: 5-HT1A serotonin receptor
[18F]F13714 - Target: 5-HT1A serotonin receptor
[68Ga]-NOTA-cRGDyK-CPLHSpT - Target: αvβ3 integrin receptor, Polo-like kinase (PLK1)
Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
The MICAD Team