The mission of the Molecular Imaging and Contrast Agent Database (MICAD) program is to foster research and development in molecular imaging by providing free online scientific information regardingin vivo molecular imaging and contrast agents to individuals working in the field. This eAnnouncementprovides news associated with MICAD and lists the agents that have been uploaded recently on MICAD.
I. MICAD News
- To better understand and use MICAD, a PowerPoint Presentation “MICAD Overview” is now available under the Background Section of the MICAD Homepage.
- Relevant Molecular Imaging Meetings in 2013 on the MICAD homepage.
- A total of 1404 chapters on imaging agentsare now available in MICAD.
- Approximately 360 new agents have been added to the Molecular Imaging Probes & Contrast Agents List.Now ~5360 imaging agents with in vivo studies are available in this list(updated, January 10, 2013). These agents have been published in peer-reviewed journals from 1970 to December, 2012 Download the list.
- FDA-Approved Contrast Agents List (updated, January 10, 2013). Two new agents have been added to the list. Download the list.
- Lymphoseek (99mTc-DTPA-mannosyl-dextran) was approved by FDA for use with SPECT imaging of breast cancer and melanoma intraoperative lymphatic mapping on March 13, 2013.
- A summary of all MICAD entries can be downloaded as a CSV file from the MICAD homepage.Download the list (updated weekly).
- Agent search function: Agents can be searched on the basis of the method of detection, sources of signal, agent category, target category, or text words.
II. The MICAD Guest Author Program
Members of the imaging community are invited to contribute to the MICAD database by writing and submitting chapters on agents of their interest for online publication. For more information, please visit our website: www.micad.nih.gov.
III. List of 11 New Agents Uploaded on MICAD during April 2013
Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- [11C]LY2428703 Target: Metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 1 (mGluR1)
- 6-[18F]Fluoro-PBR28 Target: Peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor (PBR; 18-kDa translocator protein (TSPO))
- [18F]FE-PEO Target: Opioid receptors
- 18F-TTCO-Cys40-exendin-4 Target: Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor (GLP-1R)
- [64Cu]DO3A-xy-ACR Target: Mitochondria; nucleic acids
- [64Cu]DOTA-IRDye 800CW-mAb7 Target: Epithelial cell adhesion molecule (EpCAM)
Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
- [99mTc-GGC]-(Orn)3-c(RGDfK) Target: Integrin αvβ3
- [99mTc(CO)3(N,S,NPy-6)]+ Target: Melanocortin-1 receptor (MC1R)
- Cy7-3 Target: Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)
- QD800-EGFR Ab Target: Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)
- BBQ650-PLGVR-K(Cy5.5)-E-K(64Cu-DOTA)-OH Target: Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)
The MICAD Team